Hello all. Welcome to my blog. My name is Alex, and here I’ll be writing about my model railroading (with the occasional post about real railroads and railfanning, I’m sure.)
A little about me (not all in any particular order):
- I’m a devout Christian. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me the gift of creativity. My wife and I are active in our church. I hope to always glorify my Creator with my creations.
- I’ve been married to my wife, Genesis, since 2014. She’s a lawyer (I married up!)
- I serve in the U.S. military. Military life makes maintaining my model railroad hobby interesting and often challenging!
- I got interested in trains when I was 2 years old, and never grew out of it! I started in HO scale when I was around 11 years old. After a brief hiatus the last couple years of high school and college, I got right back to it!
- I grew up in Oklahoma, and it will always be home. I love studying and railfanning railroads past and present in the state. Most (but not all) of my modeling focuses on Oklahoma prototypes.
- I have an English Bulldog named Winston.
- Other hobbies include reading (love history!), running, playing the guitar, shooting, and traveling (especially on Amtrak!)
Thanks for reading as I journal about this journey!