I’m still slowly updating the new site! The “Previous Layouts” link at the top of the page is now fleshed out and contains all the info on my previous three layouts. There are plenty of photos and links to two YouTube videos. Enjoy!
I put together some clips I took of the Farmrail Clinton Industrial Park and I think its my best YouTube video yet!
Welcome to my new website
Thanks for stopping in. As I attempt to streamline my digital footprint, I decided that I needed a better medium for sharing my modeling work. I’ll still be active on my social media platforms, but this will provide a more enduring journal of my modeling endeavors. I will also slowly migrate over any important information from my previous blog on Blogspot. Thanks for stopping in, and I invite you to subscribe!
Hello all. Welcome to my blog. My name is Alex, and here I’ll be writing about my model railroading (with the occasional post about real railroads and railfanning, I’m sure.)
A little about me (not all in any particular order):
- I’m a devout Christian. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me the gift of creativity. My wife and I are active in our church. I hope to always glorify my Creator with my creations.
- I’ve been married to my wife, Genesis, since 2014. She’s a lawyer (I married up!)
- I serve in the U.S. military. Military life makes maintaining my model railroad hobby interesting and often challenging!
- I got interested in trains when I was 2 years old, and never grew out of it! I started in HO scale when I was around 11 years old. After a brief hiatus the last couple years of high school and college, I got right back to it!
- I grew up in Oklahoma, and it will always be home. I love studying and railfanning railroads past and present in the state. Most (but not all) of my modeling focuses on Oklahoma prototypes.
- I have an English Bulldog named Winston.
- Other hobbies include reading (love history!), running, playing the guitar, shooting, and traveling (especially on Amtrak!)
Thanks for reading as I journal about this journey!